The Record of Employment (ROE) form is the single most important document used by the Employment Insurance (EI) program. Information reported on this form determines if a claimant is eligible to receive EI benefits, how much those weekly benefits will be, and the duration of the claim.
Join us for a 90 minute webinar to review the key reporting requirements on the ROE and learn how that information is used by Service Canada. We will answer questions such as:
- When are employers required to issue ROE forms?
- How do payments, such as bonuses, impact an employee on leave receiving EI benefits?
- How do payments at termination, such as a retiring allowance, impact a claimant’s eligibility for benefits?
During this 90 minute interactive webinar, you will have the opportunity to participate in online polls and ask the speaker questions that may be addressed during the presentation.
!! IMPORTANT !! Please test check your system BEFORE you register. Make sure you are connected via your local desktop (not through your company’s server) to perform this test and view the future presentation. Click here to test your system and for troubleshooting tips.
Upon completion of this 90 minute webinar, the participant will be able to:
- Identify when to issue an ROE;
- Identify how payments such as bonuses impact employees on leave who are receiving EI benefits, and;
- Know what types of payments may impact a claimant’s eligibility for EI benefits.
After registering online for this event, you will receive an email confirmation. Confirmation emails are sent approximately 2 business days after the registration has been processed.
Three business days before the live event, you will be sent the link to access the webinar on the scheduled day.
Detailed instructions on accessing the webinar will be emailed to you on the morning of the event.
Cancellations must be received at least 4 business days prior to the webinar date to be eligible for a refund. No refunds will be issued after the login information has been provided.