This online compliance professional development seminar provides you with an in-depth understanding of Quebec employment standards legislation--in plain language. You will receive the latest legislative updates; stay compliant; and, avoid litigation on topics such as: determining and calculating hours of work (overtime, banking of overtime and staggering of hours); statutory holidays and vacations; processing paid and unpaid legislative leaves (sick leave, maternity, paternity, parental, bereavement, etc.); and terminations.
Who should attend:
This online PD seminar is a comprehensive introduction to the standards of employment within Quebec that impact the day-to-day payroll operations and administration for payroll practitioners, office managers and other business professionals responsible for payroll.
During this 90 minute interactive online PD seminar, you will have the opportunity to participate in hands on exercises, online polls and participants will be able to ask questions that may be addressed during the live presentation.
Date and times:
Module 1: Thursday, October 18, 2018 – 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
Module 2: Friday, October 19, 2018 – 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
Module 3: Thursday, October 25, 2018 – 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
!! IMPORTANT !! Please test check your system BEFORE you register. Make sure you are connected via your local desktop (not through your company’s server) to perform this test and view the future presentation. Click here to test your system and for troubleshooting tips.
Upon completion of this online PD seminar participants will be able to:
- Identify employees that are covered by the Act respecting labour standards
- Describe what the minimum standards are that apply to the minimum age and wage
- Define hours of work
- Perform an overtime pay calculation
- Identify the various types of legislative leaves
- Describe the employee’s entitlements while on leave
- Identify the current and upcoming vacation entitlement (New)
- Differentiate individual vs group termination
- Define temporary layoffs
- Calculate payment of wages on termination
- Identify the pay frequency and timing under which an employee is required to be paid
- Describe the required information on the pay statement
- Summarize the information required for each employee and retention periods
Please note that after registering online for this event, you will receive an email confirmation that confirms your registration. Confirmation emails are sent approximately within 2 business days after the registration has been processed.
Three business days before the live event, you will be sent the link to access the online PD seminar on the scheduled day.
Also, detailed instructions on accessing the online PD seminar will be emailed to you on the morning of the event.