Designed for seasoned payroll professionals with a strong understanding of the year-end process, this half-day online seminar focuses on new legislative changes impacting year-end and payroll operations. It is THE one-stop shop for Canadian legislative year-end updates.
Once again, COVID-19, brought about several federal and jurisdictional changes that impact payroll such as:
- Employer Financial Aid programs extensions
- Employment Insurance (EI) Benefit Changes
- Extended sickness benefits
- New requirements for electronic filing of slips
Join us as we help you navigate through the year-end reporting race and get a head start on the 2022 New Year requirements. Our expert instructors will break down a complicated year-end into plain language, making legislative changes easy to understand.
Attend and you will:
- Have confidence in knowing you can handle year-end for your organization or clients
- Avoid compliance issues for this year-end and in the future
- Ensure rates are updated or applied for first payroll run of the year
- Ensure rates are set up on time and reflected on the first pay of the year
- Mitigate risk for potential audits and errors
- Build trust in your organization’s payroll department
!! IMPORTANT !!
Sound for this online session is streamed directly through your computer or electronic device. Participants will not be provided with a dial-in number.
Please test check your system BEFORE you register. Make sure you are connected via your local desktop (not through your company’s server) to perform this test and view the future presentation. Click here to test your system and for troubleshooting tips.
Federal Legislative Updates from Canada Revenue Agency and Service Canada.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) extension
- Canada Recovery Hiring Program
- Updates to electronic filing requirements for tax slips
- Removal of the requirement for handwritten signatures on certain forms
- Maintenance of flexible access to Regular EI benefits
- Extension of EI sickness benefits
- Defined Contribution (DC) pension plans, administrative amendments regarding contribution errors
- Canada Labour Code (CLC) Part III:
- Federal minimum wage
- Leave for parents of young crime victims
- New statutory holiday for Truth and Reconciliation
Federal Legislative Updates
- Canada Pension Plan YMPE & rate
- EI Maximum Insurable Earnings & rate
- Projected EI rates through 2028
- Reduced EI program and multipliers
- TD1 basic exemptions and claim codes
- Updated TD1-IN
- RPP/RRSP/TFSA limits
- Year-end slip changes
- Taxable benefits update
Provincial Legislative Updates
- Minimum wage
- Bank holiday schedule
- Provincial tax changes
- Employment Standards updates
- New leaves
- Sick leave
- Vaccination leave
- Workers’ Compensation updates
- Provincial Health tax updates
Quebec Legislative Update
- Quebec Pension Plan (QPP) Year’s Maximum Pensionable Earnings (YMPE) & rate
- QPP enhancement
- QPIP MIE & rate
- Health Services Fund (HSF) – total payroll and rates
- Taxable benefits updates
- Garnishment exemptions
Please note that after registering online for this event, you will receive an email confirmation that confirms your registration. Confirmation emails are sent approximately within 2 business days after the registration has been processed.
Three business days before the live event, you will be sent the link to access the online PD seminar on the scheduled day.
Also, detailed instructions on accessing the online PD seminar will be emailed to you on the morning of the event.
Cancellations or Transfers: requests must be received in writing at least four (4) business days prior to the online seminar date. Please note a cancellation fee or transfer fee in the amount of $50 plus applicable taxes will be applied. Cancellation or transfer requests received after the login information has been provided are not eligible for a transfer or refund.