Designed for seasoned payroll professionals with a strong understanding of the year-end process, this half-day overview focuses on new legislative changes impacting year-end and payroll operations.
This year, unlike any, COVID-19 brought about several federal and jurisdictional measures that impact payroll such as:
- Employer financial aid programs
- Work-sharing programs
- Workers’ Compensation deferral programs
- Employee Programs such as CERB and Pandemic Pay
- Job protected leaves and Temporary Layoff measures
- Labour and Employment Standards Changes; and
- New Codes for the T4 plus many more
Join us as our panel of subject matter experts help you navigate through the year-end reporting race and get a head start on the New Year requirements.
This product has the same content as the live Legislative Update: Year-end and New Year.
On demand: available from November 9, 2020 to February 28, 2021
!! IMPORTANT !!
Sound for this online session is streamed directly through your computer or electronic device. Participants will not be provided with a dial-in number.
Please test check your system BEFORE you register. Make sure you are connected via your local desktop (not through your company’s server) to perform this test and view the future presentation. Click here to test your system and for troubleshooting tips.
Federal Legislative Updates from Canada Revenue Agency and Service Canada
- CPP rates
- CPP enhancement
- EI rates
- EI reduced rates
- BPA and 2020/2021 TD1 forms
- Pension limits and PA values
- 10% Temporary Wage Subsidy
- Balancing T4s to remittances and reconciling 10% subsidy
- New T4 reporting of CEWS benefits
- CRA garnishments temporary suspension
- $500 tax exempt reimbursement for computer equipment for telework
- T2200 – temporary work from home
- Taxable benefit update
- Mileage reimbursement rates
- Prescribed rate for loans
- Record of Employment (ROE)
- Benefits of electronic ROEs
- What is an interruption of earnings
- Codes to use for COVID-19 interruptions
- ROE and application for CERB
- New ROE period when retroactively reinstating for CEWS
- When are amended ROEs required
- Minimum wages
- Temporary pandemic pay and bonuses for essential workers
- Provincial income tax changes
- British Columbia increase
- Yukon increase
- Employment Standards
- New legislative emergency leaves
- Temporary layoff provisions – allowed – interaction with new emergency leave
- Proposed national sick leave
- Workers’ Compensation
- Premium deferrals
- 2020/2021 maximums
- Canadian Payroll Association assessable earnings chart
- Health taxes
- Deferrals or temporary increases to exemptions
What’s New in Quebec
- QPP rates
- QPP enhancement
- EI rate in Quebec
- QPIP rates
- HSF rates
- Pandemic pay for essential workers
- PIRTE and interaction with CERB
- HSF credit for furloughed employees paid under CEWS
- Certain Revenu Quebec garnishments temporary suspension
- $500 exemption for essential equipment for teleworkers
- TP.64-3 temporary work from home
- Changes to maternity and parental leave and adjustment to benefits
Please note that after registering online for this event, you will receive an email confirmation that is sent approximately 2 business days after the registration has been processed.
Purchases prior to November 4, 2020 will receive the login information for the recorded seminar on November 4, 2020
Purchases on and after November 4 will receive an email confirmation that contains the login information for have immediate access to the recorded seminar.
The on demand seminar can be accessed as many times as you like during the period of November 9, 2020 to February 28, 2021. After February 28, 2021 the link will be disabled.
Cancellations or Transfers: requests must be received in writing by November 3, 2020. Please note a cancellation fee or transfer fee in the amount of $50 plus applicable taxes will be applied. Cancellation or transfer requests received after the login information has been provided are not eligible for a transfer or refund.