Designed for early-career payroll practitioners preparing year-end for the first time and for payroll professionals, accountants and managers who need a refresher on the year-end process – including reconciliation, filing, balancing, slip preparation, reporting and legislative requirements.
Your first-step in Year-end
Designed for payroll practitioners preparing year-end for the first time and for payroll professionals, accountants and managers who need a refresher on the year-end process.
You'll gain legislative knowledge to keep your organization compliant with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). You'll review the fundamentals required for processing a T4/T4A slips and related summaries, and complete detailed exercises.
This seminar will prepare you for our Year-end and New Year Requirements seminar available in November and December.
On Demand: available until August 19, 2022
!! IMPORTANT !!
Sound for this online session is streamed directly through your computer or electronic device. Participants will not be provided with a dial-in number.
Please test check your system BEFORE you register. Make sure you are connected via your local desktop (not through your company’s server) to perform this test and view the future presentation. Click here to test your system and for troubleshooting tips.
You will learn:
- Reconciling and balancing year-end slips and tax accounts
- Step-by-step instructions for completing the T4/T4A slip and summary
- Performing a pensionable and insurable earning review (PIER)
- Methods of filing tax slips and reporting deadlines and penalties
- How to handle exceptions such as:
- Reporting a repayment of salary or wage; and
- Correcting a payroll error
- Process for adding, amending or cancelling slips
Login information will be emailed approximately two business days after registration has been processed
CANCELLATIONS: Cancellation or transfer requests received after the login information has been provided are not eligible for a transfer or refund.