This compliance seminar provides an in-depth overview of Quebec labour standards legislation — in plain language. You will receive the latest legislative updates to help you stay compliant and avoid litigation on topics such as: determining and calculating hours of work (overtime, banking of overtime and staggering of hours); statutory holidays and vacations; processing paid and unpaid legislative leaves (sick leave, maternity, paternity, parental, bereavement, etc.); and terminations. We will also review Occupational Health and Safety (CNESST) and Pay Equity and Harassment requirements.
Who should attend:
This seminar is a comprehensive introduction to the standards of employment within Quebec that impact the day-to-day payroll operations and administration for payroll practitioners, office managers and other business professionals responsible for payroll.
You will have the opportunity to participate in hands-on exercises, and ask questions that may be addressed during the presentation.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Identify employees that are covered by the Act respecting labour standards, including the new requirements under Bill 176
- Describe what the minimum standards are that apply to the minimum age and wage
- Define hours of work
- Perform an overtime and vacation pay calculation using CNESST tools
- Identify the various types of legislative leaves including the new paid Personal Emergency Leave
- Describe the employee’s entitlements while on leave
- Identify the new vacation entitlement
- Differentiate individual vs. group termination
- Define temporary layoffs
- Calculate payment of wages on termination
- Identify the pay frequency and timing under which an employee is required to be paid
- Describe the required information on the pay statement
- Summarize the information required for each employee and retention periods
- Calculate CNESST awards including first 14 days
- Identify other legislative requirements
Your registration includes: seminar presentation, handouts, exercises with answers, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments for all breaks.
Dress code is business casual. Please dress in layers to accommodate temperature fluctuations.
CANCELLATIONS OR SEMINAR TRANSFER: Requests must be received in writing at least five (5) business days prior to the seminar date. Please note a cancellation fee or transfer fee in the amount of $50 plus applicable taxes per day/per registrant for all sessions cancelled or transferred will apply. Cancellation or transfer requests received less than 5 business days prior to the seminar date are not eligible for transfer or refund.
FOR ANY QUESTIONS or concerns regarding this registration, please contact member services at email@example.com