Learn about the variability of pension plans and group benefits from a payroll perspective and their legislative compliance requirements. Topics include registered and non-registered employer-sponsored plans, government programs, individual retirement savings programs, calculation and reporting requirements, and much more.
Understand Retirement plans and benefit offerings
This seminar will introduce individuals to the basic concepts of these complex topics. Participants will gain an understanding of key elements used to apply, administer or support these functions within the organization. This workshop will also benefit payroll practitioners and employees in any benefit-related position whose responsibilities include pension and benefit administration or supervision.
The curriculum covers:
- Introduction & Employer-Sponsored Plans
- Pension plan design and terminology basics
- Common plan types: Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution
- Registered and non-registered plans
- Legislation governing retirement savings plans
- Government Programs
- Basic retirement needs, objectives
- Source of retirement income
- Government role and income security programs
- Calculating & Reporting Pension Values
- The theory behind pension adjustment reporting.
- PA'S, PAR'S, PSPA'S, RRSP limits
- Individual Retirement Savings
- Net replacement ratios
- Pensions issues on the horizon
- Benefit Plans
- Overview of common employer provided benefits
- Types of group health, disability and insurance plans
- Taxing and reporting consideration for benefits
- Benefit issues on the horizon
Your registration includes: seminar presentation, course reference manual and handouts, exercises with answers, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments for all breaks.
Dress code is business casual. Please dress in layers to accommodate temperature fluctuations.
CANCELLATIONS OR SEMINAR TRANSFER: Requests must be received in writing at least five (5) business days prior to the seminar date. Please note a cancellation fee or transfer fee in the amount of $50 plus applicable taxes per day/per registrant for all sessions cancelled or transferred will apply. Cancellation or transfer requests received less than 5 business days prior to the seminar date are not eligible for transfer or refund.
FOR ANY QUESTIONS or concerns regarding this registration, please contact member services at firstname.lastname@example.org