EFFECTIVELY MANAGING IN A UNIONIZED ENVIRONMENT WITH MAXPEOPLE
CPA Webinar Series
PRESENTED DIRECT-TO-YOUR-DESKTOP with MaxPeople
Date and Time
Thursday, June 22, 2017 – 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. ET (English)
NOTE: For certified members, this webinar counts toward 1.5 hours of continuing professional education.
Labour relations has become an increasingly complex area and gaining a greater understanding of this topic will benefit participants who work in a unionized environment and/or interact with unionized employees as part of their business.
How You Will Benefit:
- Develop an understanding of the nature and complexity of labour relations issues
- Gain an awareness of the role of both union and management in the labour relations context
- Build the skills necessary to operate effectively within a unionized environment
- Develop an initial understanding of the legislative framework
- Understand the basic rules regarding the collective bargaining process
What You Will Learn:
- The essential leadership/management skills to manage effectively in a unionized environment
- The key differences between union and non-union work environments
- The tools used to promote a positive labour relations environment
- How to recognize the warning signs of conflict and how to deal with the issue proactively
- Valuable tips for getting both union and management moving in the same direction
About the Speaker
Jordan Rodney is President of MaxPeople., a Human Resources Consulting organization that partners with its’ clients to build and sustain productive and healthy workplaces. Jordan is a lawyer and a results-driven Human Resource professional with experience in employee and labour relations, negotiation, facilitation and change management. Prior to joining MaxPeople, Jordan spent 15 plus years in the Human Resources field working in the Beverage, Broadcasting, Courier and Manufacturing industries. Within these diverse businesses, he successfully managed complex project initiatives, cultivated deep client relationships, negotiated multiple collective agreements, designed and delivered numerous training seminars and identified practical human resources solutions for companies. Jordan is also an instructor at the Schulich School of Business in the Organizational Studies Department and at George Brown in their Corporate Training Department. Jordan obtained a B.A. from York University, an LL.B. from the University of Western Ontario, and is a member of the Ontario Bar. Jordan further specialized in Human Resources at Queen’s University obtaining a Master’s of Industrial Relations. Jordan is focused on ensuring that organizations are equipped to handle workplace issues using innovative and cost effective solutions. He enjoys coaching people to achieve their maximum potential while assisting organizations to achieve their objectives.
This informative webinar will include a 60 minute presentation and a 30 minute session to answer live and pre-submitted questions.
Participants are invited to submit their questions in advance by e-mailing Webinars@payroll.ca before June 8, 2017.
!! IMPORTANT !!
Please check your system BEFORE you register.
Make sure you are connected via your local desktop (not through your company's server) to perform this test and view the future presentation.
Click here for computer requirements and a list of frequently asked questions.
CPA Member - $99.00 plus applicable taxes
Non-Member - $149.00 plus applicable taxes
How to Register