Employers in Canada have a mandatory legal obligation to ensure their work environment is free from any form of discrimination. All reasonable steps must be taken by the employer to ensure the organization's legal obligation is met. This webinar will examine the nature and purpose of human rights in the workplace. There will also be a review of the different types of discrimination in the workplace and the general principles governing the concept of "Duty to Accommodate." Through this webinar, you will learn how to manage discrimination or harassment-related complaints and how to better protect your organization against potential claims.
We will cover:
- An overview of an employer's duties and obligations under provincial legislation
- Background about the nature and purpose of human rights
- The different types of discrimination and the prohibited grounds
- The interaction between human rights and harassment in the workplace
- An understanding the important concepts of the "Duty to Accommodate" and the "Duty to Inquire" and their limitations
- Current issues in human rights (e.g., mental illness, marijuana in the workplace, family status)
- The basic skills to effectively prevent potential human rights complaints
- Best practices and final tips
A 90 minute ARCHIVED Web seminar providing relevant information with a recognized expert on the seminar subject, originally broadcasted on September 28, 2017.
This webinar will be facilitated by Payroll Compliance Advisors from the Compliance Services and Programs department at the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA). It includes a 60 minute presentation and 30 minute responses to pre-submitted questions as well as engaging polling questions.
!! IMPORTANT !! Please test check your system BEFORE you register. Make sure you are connected via your local desktop (not through your company’s server) to perform this test and view the future presentation. Click here to test your system and for troubleshooting tips.
After registering online for an archived webinar, you will receive an email confirmation that is sent approximatively within 2 business days after the registration has been processed. This email contains the login information for the webinar.