Register Online Today!
|CPA Members - Early-bird (register 14 days prior to seminar date)
$399.00 plus taxes
|CPA Members - Regular:
$449.00 plus taxes
|Non-member - Early-bird (register 14 days prior to seminar date)
$499.00 plus taxes
|Non-member - Regular:
$549.00 plus taxes
Introduction to Federal Year-end
For certified members, this seminar counts toward 7.5 hours of Continuing Professional Education. Click here to find a date and location in your area.
Designed for payroll practitioners preparing year-end for the first time and for payroll professionals, accountants and managers who need a refresher on the year-end process.
You'll gain legislative knowledge to keep your organization compliant with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). You'll review the fundamentals required for processing a T4/T4A slips and related summaries, and complete detailed exercises.
This seminar will prepare you for our Year-end and New Year Requirements seminar available in November and December.
You will learn:
- Reconciling and balancing year-end slips and tax accounts
- Step-by-step instructions for completing the T4/T4A slip and summary
- Performing a pensionable and insurable earning review (PIER)
- Methods of filing tax slips and reporting deadlines and penalties
- How to handle exceptions such as:
- Reporting a repayment of salary or wage; and
- Correcting a payroll error
- Process for adding, amending or cancelling slips